The Main Street building that is now the Black Lab is 100 years old this year.
This building has a lot of history. The Black Lab is celebrating the 100th anniversary with a customer appreciation on April 1 from noon to 4 p.m. The Black lab is located at 306 South Main Street in Winner and is owned by Buck and Jill Jedlicki.
The celebration will feature snacks and drink specials.
The building was built in 1917 and until 1921 was Matson Clothing Company.
In 1922, the building was The Price Maker.
The Clothes Store was in the building from 1923 to 1924.
From 1925 to 1929 Matson Clothing Company was back in the building.
J.C. Penney Store was in the building from 1930 to 1940.
In 1941-1945 it was the Winner Pool Room.
The business has been a bar since 1945. From 1945 to 1950 it was Central Bar and from 1951 to 1989 it was Dick’s Place, from 1989 to 2015 it was Dick’s Bar.
In 2016, Buck and Jill Jedlicki bought the building and changed the name to the Black Lab.
Persons are invited to stop in and meet the current owners. Buck and Jill would like people to stay for the entertainment and anniversary party on Saturday night.